Thursday, April 27, 2006

Who are you? Take a test and find out!

I recently stumbled across a couple of websites that do some sort of personality tests. I decided to take them, and see what the result was. I'm not going to tell you if I agee with them or not, but I'll let you tell me if you think they're accurate. Being myself, I'm biased.

The first one was 5 (count'em - 5) questions long. The results had something to do with my eye type. Whatever that means. Here are the results:

Take the quiz:
What kind of eyes do you have? (with pictures)

Green
You have green eyes. Green is the color of balance. Your eyes symbolize your ever need to learn. Green brings peace and harmony into our lives, as you may be a very optimistic person. At times you may be placid, lethargic, lazy, and slow, to the point of becoming moody and depressed. You may also be apathetic and have a fear rejection. Do not feel bad though, for what you may lack, you can in your ability to heal and bring hope to people. Some words to describe you: growth, fertility, harmony, healing, refreshing, peaceful, contentment, satisfaction, confidence, prosperous, hopeful, lucky, and beautiful.


Not really trying to be trite, but what does it mean when you describe someone as having "fertility"? Whatever it means, I'm surprised they could tell after 5 questions. That's some strong fertility right there.

The next one had 36 questions, and the results categorize you as one of 9 types. I came out as a tie between type 1 and type 5. Here are their descriptions. Which one do you think is more like me? (You can take this test here)

Enneagram
The principled, idealistic type. Ones are conscientious and ethical, with a strong sense of right and wrong. They are teachers, crusaders, and advocates for change: always striving to improve things, but afraid of making a mistake. Well-organized, orderly, and fastidious, they try to maintain high standards, but can slip into being critical and perfectionistic. They typically have problems with resentment and impatience. At their Best: wise, discerning, realistic, and noble. Can be morally heroic.

-or-
Enneagram
The perceptive, cerebral type. Fives are alert, insightful, and curious. They are able to concentrate and focus on developing complex ideas and skills. Independent, innovative, and inventive, they can also become preoccupied with their thoughts and imaginary constructs. They become detached, yet high-strung and intense. They typically have problems with eccentricity, nihilism, and isolation. At their Best: visionary pioneers, often ahead of their time, and able to see the world in an entirely new way.

I'm interested in your feedback, but to be honest, I'm more concerned about the way God is interacting with me in my many colored days. I understand who I am more as God opens up space for me to understand my actions an motivations. In many ways, I hope who I am today won't be the same as who I am in the future. Except for having fertility. That's a constant that will never change. I'm just astounded they understand such a complex, nuanced thing about me after only five questions!

So, who are you?

2 comments:

elly said...

Considering my previous post on Stacy's blog this morning this was pretty funny - my results to the 1st test (which was a weird test) Your Results:
Eden
You have eden eyes. Eden is the color of water. Your eyes symbolize your great flexibility. You are a creative person. You can think of many good ways to get your point across to people as you have very good communication abilities. When someone feels down or is hurt, you have the remarkable ability to help them and heal them. If you have too little going on in your life, you may be withdrawn and depressed, timid, manipulative, unreliable, stubborn, or suspicious. Some words to describe you: peaceful, sincere, affectionate, tranquil, intuitive, trustworthy, pure, loyal, healing, and stable. (Remarkable ability to heal???? I am all the other things though - sincere, pure, stable . . . . . :)

Anonymous said...

I also have eden eyes. but... i had 6 questions, not 5. hmmmm....